top of page

Surrendering a Pet


If you need to surrender a pet, please contact the shelter first to ensure that we have room and are able to take in the pet. You must be at least 18 years of age in order to surrender the pet. Hours for surrendering a pet are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to Noon p.m. Saturdays, except for holidays.

Before bringing the pet through the shelter doors, you must first complete a surrender form. To download the form to surrender a cat, please click here. To download the form to surrender a dog, please click here. To download the form to surrender a small pet (bird, rabbit, hamster, lizard, etc.), please click here. You will need to bring this completed form with you to the shelter. The form is also available at the Shelter. There is also a surrender fee, which can be seen on the fee page.

At this time we are not accepting any animals from out of Shawano County. Please contact your local shelter or constable for help. Thank you for understanding.


Quarantining a Pet


This service is no longer offered. Please contact We Care in Clintonville if you have a pet that needs to be quarantined due to a bite case.


Lost & Found Pets



Have you lost or found a pet? Please contact the shelter and we will take down your information. You can also email your information or a lost dog poster to us. If your pet is brought into the shelter, we will contact you. You may also want to stop in to the shelter to see if your pet is here, as sometimes the description people give varies from what we see. There is a return to owner fee which can be seen on the fees page. When picking up your pet, please bring in a picture, rabies certificate or other proof of ownership. If your pet comes home without our assistance, please contact the shelter so that we may remove them from our lost pet book. When reporting a lost pet, you will also want to contact your local police department, humane officer or constable, and surrounding shelters.


Special Concerns



If you are concerned about an animal being mistreated, please contact your local police department to file a complaint. You can remain anonymous. We can also take a report to forward to the local police department. We are unable to investigate the situation or remove an animal ourselves, as we do not have an Animal Control Officer on staff.


If you have found an injured wild animal (birds, rabbits, etc.), please contact the Wildlife Sanctuary at (920) 391-3671. We are unable to take in wildlife as we are not licensed for it.


If your pet is in need of vet care, please contact your local veterinarian. We do not have a vet on staff and are unable to assist with veterinary care. 


bottom of page